Custom-fit, mouthpieces help protect against dental injuries and concussions. Made of highest quality dental vinyl for greater comfort, ease of speech and breathing and protection against bite-through. Senior/Adult sized. Strap attached.
FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:
1. Bring a pan of water to a full boil.
2. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, completely immerse the mouthpiece only into the boiling water for 30 seconds.
3. Remove the mouthpiece and dip into cold water for 1 second - no more. Quickly and carefully, insert the mouthpiece into the mouth. Make sure front and back teeth are in the tooth trough. WORK FAST.
4. Mold mouthpiece around upper teeth with fingers. Use thumbs to push onto back teeth.
5. Close back teeth lightly on mouthpiece to form lower teeth impression. Be careful not to bite all the way through the material.
6. Insert mouthpiece only back into boiling water for 2 seconds - no more. Shake and carefully insert back into mouth where the teeth indentations are already made.
7. Close teeth together. Quickly use fingers to mold under lips and cheeks.
8. Place mouthpiece under cold water to set.
9. With mouthpiece NOT in mouth, use a razor blade or sharp scissors to carefully trim excess material.
10. To clean mouthpiece, use a regular toothbrush and cold tap water. Brush all surfaces of mouthpiece. Do not use hot water in cleaning.
11. Those affected with any type of disease or inflammation of teeth, gums, or surrounding tissues or those with mouth prostheses, should consult their dentist before molding mouthpiece for custom fit.